1870 Lana Avenue
Salem, Or 97303-3197
Phone: (503) 581-1469
4566 Commercial St. SE
Phone: (503) 399-8892
Bible Book House was started in 1941 by a group of Christian
businessmen who sought to fill a need. The store was later
purchased and operated by J.R.Turnbull.
In 1957, Rev. A.C. Fuller purchased it. Fuller moved the store
to its present location at 1870 Lana Ave. NE, where it has
acquired a reputation for a vast selection of Bibles, Christian
books, music, cards, gifts, church supplies and home school
supplies. The red, barn shaped building used to be a roller
and still sports the hard wood floor that was used for skating.
In 1964, Fuller's son A.C. Fuller Jr. began working with
his father after graduating from Willamette University, and
soon after he became the sole proprietor when his father was
killed in a work related auto accident. A third generation
entered the business in 1983 when Fuller's son, Paul came
to work at the store after his graduation from Willamette
In 1985, as a result of customers' requests, a second store
was opened at 4566 Commercial St. SE. The south store has
a strong but smaller selection, and is more conveniently located
for those south of town.